What you can or can’t do (within the realm of psychic abilities) right now isn’t a very good indicator of your true abilities, because just like with any talent…
Take your intuition, for example. The more you listen to it, the more feedback it will give you.
Therefore, you really need to practice trusting your intuition, and pay special attention to the way your unconscious mind gives you information.
How Your Unconscious Mind Communicates
The unconscious mind can use any of your senses to communicate, including:
- Vision involves isolated images or symbols you see or it can be more detailed images of clairvoyance or remote viewing.
- Hearing, also known as clairaudience, involves hearing words or sounds in one ear and not the other. This can be scary for those who are not familiar with it since hearing voices is traditionally a sign of insanity.
- Touch is probably also considered clairsentience as it is a feeling intuition as physical body sensations.
- Smell can also give psychic information whether simple or complex.
- Taste, although far less common than the other methods, it has been known for some psychics to get a taste in their mouths when interpreting psychic information.
There are many ways you can practice using your intuition. Some are listed below.
- Traffic: If you live in a city with frequent traffic reports try to guess which roads are bad and why. This works even better if you have two routes to get home, each with an equal chance of having delays. You can guess which roads to use to get home faster, and then listen to the traffic report. It is not helpful if one road is always bad, because then logic takes over.
- Shopping: Without checking the advertisements try to guess what you are going to pay for something and where the best place to buy it is. Afterwards check out the facts.
- Parking: Try to let your intuition guide you to the best parking space. This is particularly useful during the holiday season.
- Telephone: See if you know who is on the telephone before you check your cell phone and see the caller id.
- Sports: Without knowing anything about the game or the teams try to guess who will win and what the scores will be. Then check out the results.
The trick is to find something you care about, or something you cannot know for sure based on past knowledge and experience that you can get feedback (check results) on.
Then pay attention to the difference in feelings between that which proved to be right and that which proved to be wrong.
Take notice if you have ignored your intuition and see if you later regret not acting upon it. Be aware of how that information came to you so that next time it happens, you don’t ignore it.
Learn to listen to feedback from your body on the psychic hits you get. One of the best psychic development techniques is learning to tell when you’re getting information that’s right or wrong.
You have to work on your psychological baggage; I can’t emphasize this enough!
All information is accessed and processed through the unconscious mind. If you have issues and you don’t want to look at them, you’ll find that the psychic information you receive will be distorted. Many people have found they are blocked by the spirit realm because they’re unwilling to tackle their own issues.
The more you trust your intuition, the more information you’ll receive. This knowing will become more and more definite and you’ll want to pass this information on.
If you believe you have information for someone, be ethical and considerate. Never promise what you can’t deliver, whether it’s a sure-fire investment or the spirit of someone’s long lost grandfather. Honesty is the best policy in this line of work.
Remember, everyone has days off and it is no different for psychics. Be sure to break away for a day to recharge your energy levels.
You’re not crazy.
People having an initial psychic experience often start their conversations with lines like “You’re going to think I’m crazy but…” or “You are never going to believe me but…
The mere fact that you doubt your own sanity is a reassuring sign that you are still in touch with reality, you are simply trying to figure it out.
The issue is not whether you are hearing voices, but what those voices are saying. There is a rule, “if the voices are helping you, then it does not matter”.
So whether those voices are a part of your unconscious mind or spirits, it is all right to have them around.
However, if the comments are destructive, negative or hurting you, then it’s time to lose the source they coming from.
The hard thing to learn is what NOT to say. You can receive a lot of information that is better left unsaid. This is probably the most difficult thing to learn, because it requires good judgment which sometimes only comes with time and practice.
It’s wise to consider what might be helpful (if you can word it right) and what would only be harmful, whether true or false.
It’s also important to live in the present. You may be vividly aware of past lives and you may be able to slide mentally into the future. However, you’re living in the present and that’s where you need to focus.
The future will take care of itself if you remember to focus on the present without being pulled off balance by the past.
It is common when you first start to open up as a psychic, that you will see colors or images (especially faces) at night. To some extent, this is normal.
As you begin to trust your intuition and the information you receive you’ll find it hard to switch off.
Turning off your psychic gift is something you have to do or you’ll suffer from information overload.
Imagine your sensitivity to psychic information as a number on a control screen in your mind.
Then visualize that number going down, decreasing until you are no longer aware of psychic information. In the morning you can always reverse the process and return the number back to where it was before.
Meanwhile just keep working to develop your natural psychic ability and make a better life for yourself…and those around you!
About the Author:
Lynn is the author Unleash Your Psychic Ability.
Do you have a friend who always seems to just “know” when you need a supportive phone call? Which of your friends seems practically psychic already, and could use this practical information?
Help them grow into their own psychic gifts by sharing this article using any of the social media and email buttons below.