- Its All About Women! - http://itsallaboutwomen.com -
15 Actions to Find Your Passionate Drive
Posted By Barrie Davenport On October 31st, 2012 @ 7:00 am In Mind,Passion & Purpose,Personal Growth | No Comments
Do you feel passionless — as though everything you do is a shade of dull gray?
Is work boring or empty, or just plain awful?
Do you lack adventure and fun in your life? Do you feel stuck but have no idea how to get unstuck?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these, then read on to discover the actions that will help you bare your true self…
And reveal your own passion in life .
I had (and have) a good life. I don’t deny it.
A wonderful family, beautiful kids, a nice home — blah, blah, blah.
But something pivotal was missing for me, something that would make me want to jump out of bed in the morning rather than negotiating with myself for ten more minutes of sleep.
I also felt like it might be too late for me — that I was too old to start something new.
In spite of those negative voices in my head, my spirit kept telling me that I did have something valuable to offer the world…
Something that was fulfilling and joyful and gave me a reason to jump out of bed. And guess what?
I did find my passion. I became a coach, a writer, and a blogger. And if I could find my passion, so can you!
A life passion isn’t something that drops on you from the heavens or appears from thin air.
Discovering your passion is a process of self-discovery and detective work.
It requires stripping yourself bare and examining the “real you.”
This is the “you” without limiting beliefs, old wounds, ego-based pursuits, and fear.
Here are 15 small actions you can take to get started on your journey to create the life of your dreams :
1. Shift your thinking. If you believe, like I did, that you aren’t great at something, or you don’t feel excited about anything, or that you are too old — then reject that falsehood. These excuses only keep you stuck.
2. Become aware of joy. Carry around a small pocket notebook with you. Pay attention to what feels good to you. Write down what makes you happy and fulfilled as you go about your day.
3. Pinpoint the major drag. What’s causing you the most frustration ? Your job? A relationship? Your leisure time? A general lack of purpose? Isolate the primary cause and the elements of it that bring you down.
5. Acknowledge your skills. Ask your friends and family what you are good at — no matter how small. Make a list of your skills, and make note of the skills you really enjoy.
6. Let go of shoulds. Many people hold themselves back from happiness because of the word “should.” Example: I should stay in this job because I can’t find a better one. Dismiss this word completely while on your passion search.
7. Try something new. Anything. Go for a weekend trip to a new location. Take a class on bird watching or painting or dancing. Shake up your life a bit. It will broaden your perspective.
8. Be a voyeur. Investigate someone else who is living an amazing, passionate life. Look for inspiring stories of regular people who live passionate, adventurous lives.
9. Unlock your past. If you have something holding you back, an old trauma or past anger, do something about it. Seek the help you need to heal the past so you can create your future.
11. Sketch out a vision. It’s two years down the road — Who are you now? What are you doing? Start sketching a vision for yourself, as though you have no limitations. Just pretend for now.
12. Research. Start to create a little curiosity and interest in possibilities. Look online at other careers, or adventurous travel, or classes in basket weaving. If you’re single, check out dating sites. What do you have to lose?
13. Consider an education boost. You don’t have to go back to get your MBA to change careers. There are many certification programs that train you to begin something brand new. Be fearless in exploring your options.
14. Weigh your priorities. Money is important. But if you would rather be happy and fulfilled than have more money, then decide your minimum cost of living, and work from there. You might have to tighten the belt, but it’ll be worth it.
15. Keep trying. The process of finding my passion took a couple of years. You may have to try a few before you discover what feels great. Have patience. Keep digging.
You do have a passion, but you can’t wait for it to come to you.
You have to go find it.
Actually, you only have to uncover it because it’s already with you.
If you need help on your journey of revealing your own passion…
You no longer need to hide in the shadows of doubt. You can – and must – be bold! Because you, yes YOU, deserve a life passion, abundance and happiness .
About the Author:
Her clients have climbed summits, created vibrant businesses, written books, and dared to dream big dreams. Join her on this adventure and begin living boldly today.
Which of your spectacular girlfriends need help to uncover their passions and live the life of their dreams?
Please guide them to higher ground by sharing this motivational article using the social media and email buttons below.
|Tweet ||Pin It 
Article printed from Its All About Women!: http://itsallaboutwomen.com
URL to article: http://itsallaboutwomen.com/mind/15-actions-to-find-your-passionate-drive/
URLs in this post:
 Image: https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?ii=980477&c=ib&aff=228247&cl=119184
 Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 Pin It: http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http://itsallaboutwomen.com/mind/15-actions-to-find-your-passionate-drive/print&media=http://itsallaboutwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Barrie-Davenport1.jpg&description=15 Actions to Find Your Passionate Drive on http://itsallaboutwomen.com
 Image: http://itsallaboutwomen.com/mind/15-actions-to-find-your-passionate-drive/printemailpopup
Copyright © 2011 It's All About Women!. All rights reserved.